National Conference / Seminar
Foreign Universities visited
Activites & Achievements
IAESTE students guided
Summary About Me
Dr. S Shanmuga Priya is currently working as an Associate Professor (Senior Scale) in the Department of Chemical Engineering, MIT, Manipal. She has around 12 years of teaching experience and 16 years of research experience.
She completed her doctoral degree in 2010 from NIT, Trichy, MTech in Energy Engineering from NIT Trichy in 2005 and B.Tech in Chemical Engineering from Bharathidasan University in 2003. Dr. Priya has published 36 articles in national and international journal, presented and published in over 40 international conferences and 22 national conferences, has 6 book chapters and 4 best paper awards.
Dr. Priya has delivered 4 guest lectures and has organized five days Faculty Development on Recent advancements in sustainable energy storage and conversion under the sponsorship of ATAL FDP during 25th – 29th Oct 2021 and Recent developments in Artificial Intelligence for smart and sustainable energy systems during 7th – 11th Dec 2020 respectively and National Workshop on Energy Efficiency and Environmental Impact under the sponsorship of CSIR, New Delhi, Oil India Limited, Duliajan, Assam and MRPL Mangalore.
Dr Priya has specialization in Carbon capture and conversion using MOF, Solar Thermal Energy, Solar Photovoltaics, Photocatalytic degradation, Solar Photocatalysis, Solar desiccant cooling, Renewable fuels, Solar passive architecture. Dr Priya has received various funding from VGST, CSIR and ATAL for carrying out research and FDP/workshop.
Dr. Priya has guided over 27 UG, PG and ICAS students in various projects, guided over 22 IAESTE students from foreign universities, co-guide for 2 PhD scholars and presently guiding 1 full time PhD scholar. Dr. Priya is the reviewer in Journals like International Journal of Ambient Energy, International Journal of Hydrogen Energy, Journal of Building Engineering, Journal of Cleaner Production, Applied Energy etc.
Dr. Priya is the life member in Indian Institute of Chemical Engineers, Senior member in IEEE, Solar Energy Society of India and Indian Society of Systems for Science and Engineering (ISSE), Associate Member in The Institution of Engineers and Member in ASHRAE India Chapter.
- Ph.D. (Chemical Engineering), NIT, Trichy, 2010.
- M.Tech. (Energy Engineering), NIT, Trichy – First class with Distinction, 2005.
- B.Tech. (Chemical Engineering), Bharathidasan University, Trichy – First Class with Distinction, 2003.
- Research/Teaching Associate – NIT, Trichy ( July 2005 - Jan 2007)
- Lecturer, Chemical Engineering – MIT, Manipal ( Jan 2009 – Oct 2010)
- Assistant Professor, Chemical Engineering – MIT, Manipal ( Nov 2010 – Feb 2011)
- Associate Professor, Chemical Engineering – MIT, Manipal ( Feb 2011 – July 2019)
- Associate Professor- Senior Scale, Chemical Engineering – MIT, Manipal (Aug 2019 – Till date)
- Energy Engineering
- Heat Transfer
- Introduction to Chemical Engineering
- Chemical Process Industries
- Advanced Transport Phenomena
- Environmental Engineering and Pollution Control
- Environmental Studies
- Safety in Chemical Industries
- Cryogenic Engineering
- Bioenergy engineering
- Industrial waste water engineering
- Water treatment technology
- Photocatalytic reduction of carbon dioxide
- Hydrogen storage
- Solar Photocatalysis
- Solar desiccant cooling
- Renewable fuels
- Solar thermal energy systems